x, y, and z


Well, Ruth says that she likes the treadmill because of "x, y, and z." I met x, y, and z this morning. They looked something like the picture...

And they had a buddy with them.

I kept trucking up my hill like they weren't there and wishing I had some mace, and the biggest one followed me for just a few seconds before they all went on their merry way. Whew! I'm planning to find out if the store here carries mace before my next outdoor walk.

Good news...finished in record time! Ha, ha!

Comments

Ruth said…
you LIKE to scare me dont you! ..
1. were the dogs real?
2. were you outside running and the dogs were chasing you?
3. were you on the treadmill and the dogs represent pain and anguish and hate for the treadmill?
4. If the dog were real I really think you should just strap a riffle to you back while running.. like gi-jane!

... "who let the dogs out?" ..

HIIT training is causing my thighs to melt.. have you notice a difference for you? i lost 1 inch in one thigh and 3/4 of an inch in the other in just 12 days! HIIT rocks! but it also kicks my behind!

anxiously awaiting a reply.. I hope its before I go to bed tonight cause I will have bad dreams of mean dogs chasing you and Grizzly Adams is no where to be found!
Josha said…
I was outside going UP a hill at the beginning of my run, warming up. Too far to go back, when I heard the dogs barking. They were all big, but the biggest one was HUGE. They all (four) came at me, barking and growling, but I figured my only defense was to act like they didn't exist and to not look at them at all, so that's what I did. I didn't speed up or slow down, just kept moving at my same pace, eyes forward. The biggest one came along behind me growling a deep growl and I just continued on my journey, same path I always take. He gave up after a few seconds and they all went on. I came home another route.

Yes, my legs are melting away. They already were one of the main places I could tell a difference. I think because my intervals have been very close together and intense from the beginning because the hills just naturally make for a HIIT workout. I still haven't measured, though. It kicks my butt, too, but I like it much better. I really feel great afterward. My legs are tired and my whole body sore.
Ruth said…
ok.. well I just reread the post. and saw the word "outside".. thats what I get for trying to answer questions from a 5 year old and read at the same time..

I am glad you didnt get attacked! If they dont have mase.. carry a bottle of raid.. or hairspray.. if nothing else.. or a big rock.. shoot.. I think the gun is the best option :)
Mom2t said…
Wow, Josha, what an excilerating run you must have had.... I will have to tell you my 'scary' dog story sometime! Because of it, I ALWAYS carry my mace too! Glad you are OK.

Well, I am better too. Massage and chiro seem to be helping. Looking forward to being back on the wagon soon......I guess I will have to look into this HITT training too. Do you really think it is better than the bfl way?

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New