Old and New

I'm so grateful that I kept this blog as I lost weight and gained strength the first time. Looking back through old posts, I am reminded to be patient and to persevere. I am reminded of my personal inner strength and of the ability to start over every day, as needed.

I had gained 70 pounds in the course of the years of trying desperately to teach my autistic son. I poured myself into him and my other 2 homeschooled children. The story of this blog goes that I awakened to the realization that I had to re-learn how to care for myself, and these chapters describe the successful journey of losing 70 pounds and gaining confidence and strength. It's a wonderful story. I loved it as I lived it, and I managed to keep the weight off for 10 years as my children grew up and graduated my tutorship. Many factors slipped in to define the recent few magical years in which my autistic son became able to communicate and I devoted my all to him and to teaching others like him... and re-gained the weight I'd lost and found myself out of breath and unable to get up and down from sitting on the floor as easily as I had. I know, I know.. age. Yes, but age doesn't have to be like that. I know because I felt younger in my 40's than I had in my 30's. I am determined to regain my health in my 50's and to sit criss cross apple sauce and hop back up with strength and dexterity.

So, this post is a "thank you" to my own blog, Running Thoughts, for keeping hope alive. I love you, Old Me... and you've got this, New Me!



Comments

Ruthie said…
LOVE this! Glad your back!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game