four week pictures

Four Week Pictures Unforgiving
>
> By: Roving Reporter
>
>
>
> Beginning the Body for Life challenge is challenging in itself, but to
> continue on through the fourth week…amazing. Josha, of Podunk, USA,
defies age and skirts past obesity in her quest for the
> finish line. What is at the finish line? Fitness, the ability to
> keep up with her kids. "It's been ages since I've bothered to take
> care of myself," states the mother of 3 who gave up her figure 12
> years ago at the birth of child number 1 and then completely lost
> sight of her former self when her middle child was diagnosed with a
> severe disability. This story is so similar to those of many mothers,
> but this woman has made it a top priority to stick with this program
> for no less than 12 weeks.
>
>
>
> At the close of week number 4, Josha's progress pictures show very
> little change. At this, Josha scoffs, saying, "I can tell it is
> working. I feel better and my clothes fit better. I'm not giving in
> to this kind of negativity." Certainly, all of humanity could learn a
> lesson about perseverance under adversity. Although the pictures were
> unforgiving, Josha has found a way to keep the enthusiasm she felt
> before the pictures were taken. "I'm still not posting them, though,"
> said the stubborn mother when asked to share her pictures with
> friends. "Maybe when my waist is 24 inches again…. Maybe then I can
> be a little more forgiving of my 4th week pictures."





OK. Enough silly stuff. I went out for my snail's race this morning, and I think I actually won! At least my time is getting better and I've figured out how to manage the hills in a way that gets the intervals in.

Comments

Mom2t said…
I loved your post! How creative you are! For a minute, I actually thought maybe your paper was doing a story about you since all the bears were talking about how fast you were running in the woods.

Loved the 'background' on yourself. That is what it is about....how we stopped taking care of ourselves, isn't it. Keep up the good work!
Ruthie said…
HEY .. glad you posted that on your blog for all to see.. its really good! way to go on getting your interval training in.. I am sure you are not going as slow as you think! ..
that snail picture is cute!
keep up the good work!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New