proactive...

Well, things didn't go as planned on the filed trip...
I was sick.
It's funny that on the day I felt the worst, and knew that I was goint to miss working out, this is the excerpt in my BFL Journal:

"If you miss a workout, you miss it. Put it behind you and move on!"
By this point in the program, nine out of ten people will have missed a workout...or two. In fact, the vast majority of people whose before and after pictures and success stories are featured in this book missed a few workouts during the course of the 12-week program. And still, as you can clearly see, they succeeded anyway. the key is sticking with it day after day, and finishing all 12 weeks. My advise is that if you miss a workout, don't try to make up for it by doubling up the next day. For example, if you missed yesterday's aerobic workout, don't try to "make up for it" by doing your leg training and aerobics today. That approach can put you in a "reactive" mode rather than a "proactive" position where you are are in control. So if you miss a workout, you miss it. Put it behind you. Vow to try harder in the future, plan better, and move forward!"

So, I am moving forward. Today, I worked lower body: squat jumps, sissy squats, walking lunges, and calf raises. Will try to go to the gym for inclined crunches and leg lifts, but if not, then I will use Odell's ab-gadget (as I call it) and do crunches and leg raises.

Gotta go check out HIIT Training now!

Comments

Ruthie said…
Great Post! Way to stay focused! I can tell through your writings that you are Mentally in this! Thats what its all about.
I am so inspired by your determination..

I am soooo glad you are back! I have missed your posts.. This one is just great! Tonight I will give some thought to planning for being sick, etc.. I know its gona hit me eventually.. I have just been really really lucky!
This post is an example of NO Excuses! you are back at it! WAYTOGO!

hope you get rest, and recover from your trip!

Looking forward to you next post!
Christy said…
Way to keep trucking, Josha. GOOD for you! I'm so impressed that you stayed on your plan while sick. And you're right, one day missed isn't the end of the world. Look at all you've accomplished so far--one day isn't going to break you! :-)
Mom2t said…
What a great post! Good lesson for us all to remember. PUT IT BEHIND YOU AND DON'T QUIT. Funny thing, in the past, that has always been why I quit b/c I always thought I had to be perfect.

I am so proud of you!

Popular posts from this blog

sloth

8 mile day