workout and declarations

whew!  Late is better than never...
7 or 8 hard hiits (lost count) on the elliptical.  Seems we bought that thing just in time.  There is no way I'd be able to get a good cardio workout with my hip messed up like it is if I could only run or jump rope.  It continues to improve, but by bed time, I'm moving very slowly and need advil and a heating pad to sleep.  As it is, I can get a great workout without too much stress on the injury.  I wish I had some great story about how I hurt my hiney...like wrestling a stolen purse from a 6 foot thief...or riding my dirt bike (I don't have one..yet) over rough terrain in hot pursuit of the abominable snowman...anything besides that I was clumsy and slipped on the ice and fell on my tush.  I know!  You can help me come up with a good tale about my tail!  Please submit your stories.  Ha!Ha!

Hey!  I subscribed to the absolution (shawn philips) message board today.  It looks well moderated and I'm hoping it will be a good place to ask our questions.  


Ruth is inspiring, isn't she?  When she's hot, she's hot!  So, I declare...

  • On cardio days, I will get up for my workout early enough to have it done before homeschool/breakfast.
  • I did not know that I needed to wait an hour to eat!!!!  I declare that I will do it!
  • I will drink/eat protein within 10 minutes of my lifting...I didn't know that one either!  So, does this mean that I should plan my timing so that the shake is my snack/meal?
  • I will drink even more water
  • I will be mindful of veggie intake...I was great at this, but I've sort of let it slip and haven't gotten enough veggies lately.
  • The rest, I've done really well with, so it's a little frustrating to be stuck on my plateau for such a long time.  I don't really struggle with working out daily, normally.  I just made that be the way it is in my mind.  Today is not only Tuesday, but it is Tues-cardio-abs-day.  And the eating thing...well I struggled with anorexia in my past, so I can go without.  The biggest temptation for me is NOT to go without.  That's why the eating schedule is good for me and the free day is an excellent mind exercise for this weak-minded gal.  Speaking of mind exercises...bellydancing...you think it's for abs?  No, it's a brain teaser!  If you get a chance, do it!  You will become aware of every muscle in your body.  

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the declarations! Ready to be up there!
Ruthie said…
yipee for the declarations..
Hey..
i figured out the video. check out my blog!
Tearose said…
Hey josha! You homeschool? thats awesome I homeschooled my kids for 9 years, and loved it!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New