1,2,3 and 4 update

first, thanks to Sara for the okgo video ...I knew there was a video, but hadn't seen it.  It was great!  Still, crazy frog is my favorite, also sent to me by sara...

second, today is lower body day and I will get that done and report back later...

third, Ruth tagged her blog readers for Body for Life "tricks" to help keep us going.  So, here are the ones I thought of.

  • mind over matter-giving myself a true choice of not HAVING to do any of this puts my desire to do this into perspective and also, deciding that setting goals doesn't mean that I have to be unhappy with what I have right now.
  • water, water, water--it will keep you energized and strong
  • dropping the "all or nothing" mentality--deciding up front that if I mess up, I'm not a failure and to keep going with all the bobbles, this is a long haul
  • making every workout "count"--pushing myself
  • accepting my personal best without comparing with others
  • putting the scales away!  I chose to go by how I feel and how my clothes fit...that kept me motivated more than pictures or tape measures or scales
  • changing things up (latest changes have been free podcastscoolrunning.com, downloaded workouts and Nike+)
  • allowing myself my free day
  • getting new favorite jeans along the way
  • creating a home exercise space
  • choosing favorite legal foods to keep stocked, some of them have been:  string cheese, latte maker (nonfat milk), applesauce, almonds, ready to drink shakes and marathon bars, boiled egges, lunch meat, and salad with lots of flavorful fixins like peppers and olives.
  • ipod
  • And the Number ONE: blogging with other fitness friends who have kept me accountable and encouraged for over a year!  Thanks, gals!!
update...
And fourth, I did it!  I did bicep curls and then more bicep curls, rows and pull backs, and lunges.  My hip is still a problem, so I only did lunges and with no weights.  Tomorrow is cardio!  Yay!  Went to belly dancing too.  That was hard on the lower back/hip.  But fun!

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay! Yeah, crazy frog is probably the best thing I have ever seen. Loved the part about what helps you - will make one of my own sometime soon - if I can get my face out of the books - oh for finals to be over!
Ruthie said…
didja do 3Bs? just wonderin'

great post! I am def. a fan of yours!

:)
Tearose said…
Hey i just found your blog,its a fun read, I'll definitely be bookmarking , and I would like to add your blog link to my blog if thats ok? I have a BFL blog as well. http://teascrazy.blogspot.com/
Keep up the good work!

Tea
JW said…
I am visiting your blog for the first time and I can tell I will be a regular reader. I am loving your posts! Thank you so much for your encouraging message. I have been fighting motivation for days now, but after a healthy breakfast I feel I am on the way up again. "You are what you eat" seems to ring very true for me at this moment! Eat crap, feel like crap. Maybe I just needed to practice that so I remembered how I DON'T want to feel...lol. Anyway, I truly appreciate your encouraging words and support. Thank you so much! Have a great day!

Janelle

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New