friday-headache day

yuck.  I'm a baby when it comes to headaches these days.  I used to get them a lot, but I don't any more, so when I do have one, I whine a lot.  Flowerpot is basically living with a constant and severe headache...so I have no place to complain.  I've thought of you a lot today, FP.

On to non-headache topics...

Psalm 42 was really interesting.  Let me share its premise...pretty much the author (David) was saying, "Things are especially going badly right now, Lord, so I will praise you even more than usual."  WOW!  And you know how things turned out for him...pretty great, a man after God's own heart.  Hmmm.  I will take a lesson from birthday number 42 to carry through another 42 years...praise God, especially in adversity because He is the one who can make it right whether He does or not.  He is the one who can.

So, now for my workout...My back is sooooo sore from those silly deadlifts I did the other day that I can hardly move.  But, today's workout was chest, shoulders, and triceps, so not to worry.  I still can only bench two 30 pound dumbbells, haven't made the jump to 35 pounds yet, but did reach a good 10 on chest, shoulders, and close for triceps.  I bumped up the weight for shoulders, and did a new tricep exercise...pushups with my hands close together under my chest.  I couldn't believe I could do it, but I did 8!

Best news of the week...(drumroll, please!)...Kaegan said, "I'm angry!"  Another barrier broken...an autistic child expressing his feelings with words and facial expression....if he can do this miraculous, almost unheard of feat, then I can surely do anything!  He inspires me daily.  He works so hard at LIFE.  If he can do it, I can do it.

Comments

Ruthie said…
Hurrah for Kaegan! I am so happy.. how exciting!.. wow!

loved your post..

hope your headache is better..

great on your workouts!..

.. you will get the 35's before too long!.. progress progress..

blessings
r
Tearose said…
Kaegan's an awesome little guy!! Yay for his progress!! :D Good job on your workout, sounds like your working hard! I hope that headache goes away and soon!
flowerpot said…
Hey Sis,
I'm so sorry about your headache. I'm taking my head to bed. I get to sleep in tomorrow, so I'm excited about that and I'm excited about seeing you guys in a week, but I'm totally not excited about all that I have to do between now and then in order to leave!
Unknown said…
Hooray for you and hooray for Kaegan! You two inspire me daily! Can't wait to be there!
Ruthie said…
wondering how your Saturday is.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New