
Here is our dog, Banjo, enjoying the snow! He just sort of goes crazy out there! This is the snow I have to tromp through to get out to my workout room. So, I pulled on my boots, drug on my gloves and hat and trudged out there for back, biceps, and abs. I didn't feel like the abwork was enough, but usually when I think that, I wake up sore the next day. Tomorrow is cardio only, so that will feel like a break. This challenge is...challenging. For one thing, as Ruth and I have marveled, stepping out of a comfy routine is a challenge in itself. This Blitz isn't really that different, but just slightly enough to make me have to actually THINK. And sometimes just changing the rep schedule from the "known" to something new, sends the message of change to the muscles and they respond and a plateau can be broken. That is the hope.
I posted about my strength test and a little about some general goals in taking on this mini challenge. Some specific, personal goals are that I want to lose my last 10 pounds without losing muscle and get down below 18 percent body fat. Most of my extra "squish" is around my middle, and that's the least healthy place to store it. I want that gone. I'd like to stay in a size 4 and lose the little muffin top.
I'm enjoying the change of pace. And I made a banana protein shake that I actually liked for my pre-and post-workout snack. So, I gave in and ordered some myoplex lite powder from EAS. It seems so expensive to me, but a friend let me try some of hers and I liked it, so finally, I can make good shakes and not have to buy them ready made!
Comments