Day 1 of Holiday Blitz

Today was strength test day as part of the evaluation system for this mini-challenge.  The test was to find out at what maximum weight can I manage 5 consecutive reps in each exercise?  The exercises I chose are below and the weight at which 5 reps maxed me out.  At the end, I will perform the exact same exercises again and hopefully be able to lift more weight at that point. This way, I will be developing more muscle to burn the fat I still need to lose!  

Bench Press:  30# dumbbells in each hand @ 5 reps 
Squats:  80# @ 5 reps
Bicep Curls:  20# dumbbells @ 5 reps
Shoulder Press:  20# dumbbells @ 5 reps

I took measurements today too, including body fat percentage.  I forgot to weigh myself, so I will do that tomorrow morning.

I also drank my pre-workout shake and post workout shake with an orange.  This is to feed the muscles in a window of time when they are fatigued and needing the energy.

More later!!  Oh, I added an inspiration link to my links list in the side bar.  Have you ever read this guy's BFL story?

Comments

JW said…
I can see why you gals like this particular challenge. I am sure you will do great!
Unknown said…
I'm excited to see how far you come!!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New