new jump rope-UPDATED

I used my new jump rope this morning, and I really do like it better than my other one...I feel like I'm cheating on jumprope number one or something! ;) anyway, here is what to look for in a jump rope:
You want it to be adjustable in length, and when you hold each handle up (like ski poles), you want the rope to make a perfect or near-perfect "U" shape at the floor. If you put one foot in the "U" on the floor, you want to adjust the length of the rope so that the handles come up to mid-chest, not the armpits. My new rope has three .5 pound weights to put inside the handles, so that I can adjust the weight up to 1.5 pounds per handle. It also is one that is "beaded"...with about half-inch plastic beads along the rope so that it doesn't twist, ever. And, you want the handles to have a swivel bearing so that the rope turns smoothly at the base of the handle. My new rope also has the option of removing the beaded rope and replacing it with a plastic, weighted rope for swifter (boxing-style) jumping. Anyway, I am excited about it!
This morning's jumping included some bungled tricks that I'm practicing in between sets. I'm sure it would have made a great video! I'm planning to do abwork on the dreaded, but loved exercise ball....stay tuned!
***************UPDATE********************
I will be sore tomorrow! I did a triple set on the swiss ball.
I keep putting my shoes back on and going outside to practice my Jumprope moves....lol! Maybe I'll eventually get to where I can do them easily. Right now, I'm a clutz, which motivates me to keep at it.
SIL wanted a pic of my laundry room, so I will try to get that done at some point, but I didn't take a before picture, so it won't be that impressive to anyone but Sara, who had seen my laundry room before.... It was pretty scary! Now it's just...not scary. ha!
Also, I told my SIL that when I went up to camp, this young fit looking guy took me on a tour. I found it very interesting that he was huffing and puffing and I was breathing easily. AH...feels so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Comments
I saw your laundry room at the old house. It was not bad at all. It was larger than the one you have now.
This laundry room just had never been unpacked, and things kept getting thrown in there...mess.
I'll try to take pics tomorrow!