Day 65

...only 16 more workout days until the end of this challenge. I want that to spur me on and to gain momentum from that, but instead, I feel like I haven't made all that much progress for the amount of work I've done and I'm letting it get me down. I do feel stronger and I am healthier. I don't get winded easily like I did before, and those were all goals too, so why is it that the "appearance" goal gets the most attention from me?? Well, anyway, I'm sticking with it! I thought yesterday that I would do some frog jumps because my leg workout didn't feel all that strong, but I realized yesterday afternoon that I had done enough! I was sore, and even woke up every time I moved in the night. In fact, my legs were sore enough this morning that I trudged up the steps to the weight room thinking, "I can surely at LEAST do 4 HIITs." I did 6, and the last one was 10mph (but short!). So, I felt good about getting more done that I felt like I could even when I'm being too hard on myself. I've really made good progress. I can wear lots of things I couldn't before. The problem is that when I take progress pictures, I can't see much difference. I have lost about 10 pounds on the scale and I know I've gained muscle. My upper body is definitely thinner, and I feel better for sure. I do have thyroid issues, so the energy remains lower than I would like and that is a problem for me, but has been for years. I was just hoping it would improve with fitness, and maybe it will! I've had to push myself for years, and I'm hoping that the exercise will make life easier. I think it has some and I'm hoping it will just get better. Ok enough rambling...
Good workout! Turkey later!

Comments

Ruthie said…
Yep.. hard hard hard not to focus on the appearance. I agree..

I remember just telling myself over and over when I was working out and resisting non-program foods that someday.. if I keep going I will see the changes I want to see.

Everyone is different .. and I think I notice your awesome progress physically more than you do. We are hardest on ourselves arent we?

16 days is a long time.. but just think.. SIXTEEN DAYS away from doing this for 84 DAYS! thats amazing!

Also remember that we have that fat deep inside out muscles that burns first.. then the outer layers.. under the skin starts to come off.. You ARE losing fat and gaining MUSCLE.. ! Keep going.. you will see yourself they way you want to see yourself .... progress.. not perfection!

I remember someone telling me.. oh yes.. i remember it was my DH.. saying.. "it took 3 years to get out of shape.. be patient.. it might take longer than you think to get back into shape" .. so.. thats what I always remember.. its been 20 years since I was in really good shape.. so.. it will take more than one 12 week.. more than 2 12 week programs to get where I want to be.

Patience.. and determination.. YOU have both!
Proud of you!

You are an inspiration! (great job on the HITTS.. wish i could have been there :) ..
Mom2t said…
Josha

You are doing great! I am sooo jealous! One thing about your appearance....Ruthie always says that she doesn't see herself as a size 6 that she still 'seees' herself bigger. You are probably doing the same thing too....you ARE making progress. I could see that in just the few pics you have posted.....be encouraged....I am!!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New