the beginning and the end...
Beginning a new challenge as we move toward Christmas is exciting to me for several reasons.
1. Because I feel better than I have in years because of the challenge I just completed.
2. Because I know I will complete it after just completing 12 weeks of the last challenge.
3. Because I have friends who have stuck it out with me, and will stick it out for another challenge (or more).
4. Because I know from this past experience that you will keep me accountable and encourage me.
As you may have noticed, all the reasons to do the next challenge are related to the challenge I just completed. I know now that I will complete what I begin even if I muddle along through parts of it. Missing a workout doesn't end things for me anymore. I am determined and I am strong. I choose to do this, I don't have to do this. So, I will do it and do it well. You may remember my goals at the beginning of Challenge 1 included just being able to keep going even if I get off schedule or mess up in some way. And to just complete SOMETHING. I wasn't at all sure I could do it at that point. Now, I am positive that I not only CAN, but I WILL. It is a feeling of empowerment, and I'm very pleased to be able to enter my next challenge with confidence in my persistence and endurance with friends who are moving along with me. I just returned from visiting with some old friends who wanted to know what I've been doing to have lost the weight. When I said I'd been running sprints, their eyes widened and I was even impressed with myself to be able to say it. I run sprints 3 days a week. That's a fun thing to say. You should try actually saying it to someone. I run (10 mph) sprints. :) Can I enjoy hiking with my family now? You better believe it, and skiing too! More goals reached. How fun to visualize where I may be by Christmas time!
1. Because I feel better than I have in years because of the challenge I just completed.
2. Because I know I will complete it after just completing 12 weeks of the last challenge.
3. Because I have friends who have stuck it out with me, and will stick it out for another challenge (or more).
4. Because I know from this past experience that you will keep me accountable and encourage me.
As you may have noticed, all the reasons to do the next challenge are related to the challenge I just completed. I know now that I will complete what I begin even if I muddle along through parts of it. Missing a workout doesn't end things for me anymore. I am determined and I am strong. I choose to do this, I don't have to do this. So, I will do it and do it well. You may remember my goals at the beginning of Challenge 1 included just being able to keep going even if I get off schedule or mess up in some way. And to just complete SOMETHING. I wasn't at all sure I could do it at that point. Now, I am positive that I not only CAN, but I WILL. It is a feeling of empowerment, and I'm very pleased to be able to enter my next challenge with confidence in my persistence and endurance with friends who are moving along with me. I just returned from visiting with some old friends who wanted to know what I've been doing to have lost the weight. When I said I'd been running sprints, their eyes widened and I was even impressed with myself to be able to say it. I run sprints 3 days a week. That's a fun thing to say. You should try actually saying it to someone. I run (10 mph) sprints. :) Can I enjoy hiking with my family now? You better believe it, and skiing too! More goals reached. How fun to visualize where I may be by Christmas time!
Comments
You will have to run sprints.. just to keep your toes from freezing! :) hehe..
Looking forward to joining the christmas challenge starting Monday! =)
Happy Cold Snap (and thats an understatement!)
so.. did you tell your friends about your blog? ask them to join us.. would it be grand!
stay warm.. I know I wont! =)
I think I will be doing my cardio inside on thursday morning.. jump rope or run sprint from my laundry room to my bedroom.. ANYTHING to keep from going into the garage .. its gona be a HI of 34 here on thur! .. A HIGH! ugh! .. send me to Hawaii.. please!