I did it! I did it!
I've been running at about half throttle, as my doctor has said. So I've tried to be patient with the fact that my pace has gotten slower instead of faster. I've improved my form so that my knees feel better, but my pace has been around a 12 minute mile and over. Sometimes, I'm running some monster-hills, so OK, but pretty much my pace has been pokey. Now, I don't really care about my speed except that I want to get BETTER and not WORSE. What had been 11 to 11'30" evolved into 12 to 12'20" rather than 10'30" or 10. But today, I decided that I was going to keep my pace below 12. I ran 3 miles and my pace was 11'30"something. Yippeeeeee! That little silly number made my day. Any lurkers with a sub-6 mile just pretend with me and let me have my moment.
I also checked out the ChaLean Extreme program from Beachbody. It looks good for a change of pace and especially for winter days that are just toooo cold to get outside. I made a peanut butter shake from the recipe book that comes with the program and it was yummy. Chalean Extreme is a lifting program using high weight and fewer reps, like I prefer and the cardio sessions are intervals with "working rest" periods using low weights for endurance sets. Anyway, I liked it and might buy it. The workouts are between 20 and 45 minutes each. Doable.
Comments
I am tellin ya.. when you get that body back to normal energy levels you are going to kick boooootaaaay!
so awesome on your time!
and.. by they way... even when your not running a "hill" by Colorado definition... HELLO... you live on a side of a mountain so everything is a hill! :)
wooowhoo..
thanks for the post.. just a happy pick me up kinda post to frame my aditude while I go lift weights. :)
blessings!
r