Try, try again

I feel like a sloth.  My taper sort of tapered out as my run got postponed.  I hope I can still do it...
Tomorrow is the New Day.  And I'm re-ramping up for it...
A reminder of what I want to attain:
Besides my immediate goals for running the 13.1 miles that I posted a couple of posts back, the bigger overall goals are to gain a sense of accomplishment, to create a solitude in which to breathe and think and pray, to enjoy God's creation and take it all in, to dig deep and finish with determination.

Gaining a sense of accomplishment:  Sometimes I feel like I need to re-group.  To create for myself a way to prove to myself that there are some things I can control and conquer.  That may sound goofy, but having a child with a disability (and I can imagine many other of life's curves) can feel out of control, and the only way that I can manage to let go and enjoy it all is to create a space where I play the cards...I choose to train or not to.  I plan and carry out my own strategy, and life somehow feels more approachable.  To train and accomplish this is one of those "re-grouping" activities for me.

Solitude:  I love the rhythm of my breath as I run.  I love the way the cliffs and the river run along on either side of me like old friends eagerly listening to my thoughts and carrying my prayers to their creator and mine.  Sometimes my thoughts meander with the water, and sometimes I feel very focused and intent on certain thoughts or prayers.  Sometimes, I feel like I'll burst with the gratitude that I feel that I'm where I am in my life and that there is always somewhere else to go.  I love the perspective that I find when I run.

Enjoying God's creation:  Taking the time to train for and to run 13.1  miles offers me the opportunity to more than notice God's hand, but to TAKE IT IN.  To realize that I am a part of it.  

Digging deep:  If you do anything that drags from you every bit of your soul, you realize that you can accomplish all of your dreams.

Comments

Ruthie said…
I am soooo excited for you! I cant wait to hear how it goes!... pictures?

we will have to do a victory lap around the town somewhere on Wednesday to celebrate! :)

go Josha go!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New