be more chipmunkish!
what do you suppose this chipmunk is thinking? I doubt if his thoughts go anything like this, but maybe like me, you can relate..."I wonder if anyone is looking at me? What if I look clumsy? Will they think I look silly? I'm too slow. (or too anything)"
I was hesitant to go for a run after the 10k. It doesn't feel good to work hard at something and then not see much improvement, so I had thoughts like those above. Not chipmunkish of me.
I got out there anyway and that's where I met up with some fine chipmunk friends. They don't worry about whether they run "right" or not. they don't care if they are faster than last week or what their form looks like. I decided to be more chipmunkish. Sure, you could argue that their brains are only the size of a pea and that we have higher level thinking skills...but I've never seen an overweight or unfit chipmunk, so who's got the higher level thinking when it comes to staying fit?
Anyway, I decided to replace my doubtful thoughts with thoughts like these:
"I will run for ME and forego all the worries about what anyone thinks of me. No more apologies for being slow. I run for fun and I run for energy. I have met some pretty important goals, like keeping my knees healthy by changing my form and running long distances. I feel good when and because I run, so let's go, my little chipmunk buddies!"
Comments
I think you should be proud of yourself... after all you are an inspiration dont forget :)
1. you dont look silly... you look cute and happy and energetic and enthusiastic :) plus you are a sexy hot mom!
2. slow? naw... no worries about the speed... remember no need for speed? .. oh.. and how bout these gals. check them out
http://slowpokerunnergirl.blogspot.com/
and
http://slowgirlrunning.blogspot.com/
those are just two i found in a few seconds of searching :) I bet you will find there are MORE "slow" runners than "fast" ones :) ... so.. you my friend are actually more popular than those who might have wizzed past you :) (eeoooo did i just say someone took a wiz? oops.. sorry)
3. Clumsy? Silly? .. we are all both of those :)
4. .. and YES.. people ARE looking at you.. in amazement my friend :) .. because you inspire, you continue to train day after day
and you do something because you enjoy it, for what it gives you and for how it helps you make it through you day :)
plain and simple..
YOU ROCK! :)
LOVED
your post!
I vote we should all be chipmunks!
I want to be the red shirt one! :)