three beeeees
So, today I did the 3 B's because I decided to run yesterday. The big switcherooo. Got around to the workout this evening just before dinner. Hubby and I went to the community gym. I did frog jumps, squats on the squat machine, lat pull-downs, abwork, preacher curls, and hammer curls. Odell is helping me tweak my workout. Here is the lowdown in case it helps you.
He says that when you do more reps to reach muscle fatigue, you work one set of muscle tissue...the long-twitch muscle tissue. If you raise the weight so that you reach muscle fatigue in fewer reps, you work the short-twitch muscles. So, according to him, I should change it up. Go for a while one way and then the other. I guess that makes sense with Bill Philip's rep schedule...it would work both. hmmm.
He says that when you do more reps to reach muscle fatigue, you work one set of muscle tissue...the long-twitch muscle tissue. If you raise the weight so that you reach muscle fatigue in fewer reps, you work the short-twitch muscles. So, according to him, I should change it up. Go for a while one way and then the other. I guess that makes sense with Bill Philip's rep schedule...it would work both. hmmm.
Comments