no need for speed
(deep breath)...I know, I know...it isn't about speed. BUT, when I set a goal, I want to move closer to it, not farther from it. I've been trying to work on speed and run a 10k just even 1 second faster than my fastest. I just get slower!! Even when I feel like I'm faster, I'm slower! grrrrr!
I've been running hills and sprints within my runs. I've been lifting weights and doing plyometric type exercises. Do you know that on the days that I allow myself to have walk breaks, my time is better than when I "run" the whole thing? It's. just. aggravating. that's all.
I crawled 5 miles today with hills and a long faster paced crawl in the middle. I think I was passed by 2 turtles and a couple of snails.
Comments
Ok.. first... do you have a running watch? cause that might help you if you did. second.. you have all those mountains... so i think your speed is fine! come down to the flat lands and you be running past everyone. (marathoners train in high altitude and mountains for that very reason :)
and
I found this this:
"In effect, the walking breaks turned the workouts into a big interval session, which allowed [the women] to go faster than continuous running for the same amount of time."
its from here
http://www.rrca.org/resources/articles/walkrun.html
I KNOW i have read that walking increases speed.. but I can remember what book. :)
oh.. and what about your water intake? and eats before you go? I know my legs feel like lead at a certain point and I must eat on the run :)
dont get discouraged keep up the work....
You know I am all for setting goals but
Remember its that your out getting it done and having fun with it.. ...
and the Bible Says... "the last shall be first!"
so if you feel like you are last in every run you go on... woooowhoooo
you be first in my book!