sunshine!!
Outdoor run today! Ya just never know about the weather...but I decided yesterday when it was overcast to wait until today to run just in case we had a sliver of sunshine. I figured that I could jump on the treadmill if today was too cold. But today was sunny! So, out I went in my new orange jacket. I ran...I forgot to pay attention...I think about 2 miles with speed intervals interspersed in my run. Not sprints like when running Hiits, but just at a faster speed than I normally run. Keeping in mind that I'm an old lady, I run at about 9000 ft above sea level, and there is a couple inches of snow on the ground to run through...oh! and I am wearing heavy "chain"-like straps on my shoes so I don't slip on the ice...I was pretty ok with my time. I'm ok with it anyway, but I'm hoping to get comfortable at a faster pace. You know, so I can enter the olympic trials...ha! Actually, just so I can compete against myself. I have been running comfortably along and only challenging myself on longer distance days by adding miles, but I want to challenge myself to a race! To pick up my speed. I figure that's a fun goal for the winter when I may be stuck with fewer miles sometimes. I can always work on my speed on the treadmill on super cold days. My plan is to run tempo runs and speed interval runs. I like sprints, so I'll probably do that some too.
Comments
You rock.
amazing..
thanks for making me look like the wuss that I am :) so cool.