response for Ruth
Concerning health and fitness:
- Does it always have to be a choice?
Really, everything is a choice...from getting out of bed to crawling back in. Yes, it is a choice. But, as you know, sometimes it's the easy choice and sometimes the hard choice. I remember talking to a friend about all the things that get left undone around my house and how frustrated I was not to be able to get it all done. I had taken daughter and beloved bunny multiple trips across Houston to the vet and was completely frustrated to have all my daylight hours taken up. It was in our conversation that I realized that it was my choice to take the bunny. It was important to my daughter and therefore, to me. Yes, I chose it over some other really good and productive choices, and claiming it as my own choice and not something outside of my control was instrumental in my realizing that the things I do and don't do are choices..MY CHOICES. If I workout...it's a choice that I alone make. If I choose something else instead...it's MY CHOICE. When it feels like exercise/time is out of my control, it isn't I chose how my time would be spent today. Did we have dental appts.? Then, that was MY CHOICE. Was it a good one? yes. As good as choosing to work out? yes. Do I need to feel guilty about taking my family to the dentist instead of working out? no.
- Does it always have to be a mental thing before it is a physical thing?
I hope everything is. I hope I get to make choices for a very long time. One day, I may not have the capability to make my own choices. I want to enjoy the mental thing.
- When life gets busy why don't we want to do the things we know we should do to feel our best?
Busy is good too. See response to first question. Even if you gain 10 pounds, was it for an enjoyable cause? Is that so bad? What makes it bad? ...whatever you've chosen to believe about it. Can you change those beliefs to make your life work better for you? yes.
- Is it going to be a struggle...always...to be healthy?
If you choose to see it that way, yes. If you choose to see it as enjoyable with allowances for truancy, then no.
- Is it so hard to live in this world and be healthy and fit?
I know it sounds trite, but I believe it to be true...Only if you have decided to believe that it's hard. Truly. You get to decide! Isn't that free-ing?
Ruth has also requested that we reinstate Photo Phriday, so Photos before midnight! Check back!
Comments
Great answers. I liked seeing such a different outlook. I think I am in the middle of my winter blues funk. I liked your outlook SO much better! Thanks for the alternate outlook!
amazing great post here
love love love it
you are so right
:)
perspective is key i see :)