Sunshine on my shoulder...
..Or anywhere at all would have made me happy. What a chilly four mile run! Still, I had my Golden by my side and life was good.
We ran up my favorite road...along a now-frozen river with cliffs on either side and ahead. I was thinking about an article I read. (I'm a reading junkie, so lately I've been reading about running when I'm not running...) Ways to make it through tough spots in your run... It was interesting to read how some of the elites get through. Music. Specific songs. Audio books. Mantras. Setting short distance goals. Talking trash to themselves. Imagining various scenarios. Counting. I have used all of those methods except the trash one. They work, but the one that works best for me is to look left and notice something interesting, then right, then up above me in either the sky or the cliffs. Repeat. My path may look a little drunken, but no one knows because I seldom see anyone unless it's the snowplow driver. hahaha
Another method I read and liked was to count to 10 over and over. Before you know it, a minute has passed!
Comments
i just finished shortened workout. only 2 miles. I started feeling bad and had to stop.. fixin to post about it...
.. and i ran in my new shirt :) loved it!
I second the book list, get to it! ;)
Ruthie's shirt freakin' ROCKS!
have you tried that? I think Id slow and walk and LISTEN :)