Weekend and beyond....
Free day began Saturday night for dinner and lasted until Sunday night, dinner. M and M made a yummy program stew, then Mindy and I went over to the gym across the street and stretched while the kids played. I didn't make myself totally sick, just sluggish and a slight tummy ache. A little baking soda dissolved in water does the trick for me every time. Just a few swallows, and RELIEF!
I decided to do my abwork in the community gym today, so this am, I did lunges first, then squats and came to a realization. I'm not the wimp I thought I was! Isn't that good news!? I've been thinking, "Surely I can handle more weight than 18 lbs!" Then it occurred to me...duh...I have 18 lb dumbbells in EACH hand! 36 lbs!!! That's much better, especially since it's gotten too easy and I will have to UP the weight. I also did calves, but they never feel worked out, so as I did last week, I just did angled calf raises on a step until they became like jello. I will do abwork this afternoon on the inclined bench and knee-up bar. Sounds painful enough to do the trick! If it happens that I can't make it over there, I will do crunches and leg-ups or else Odell's ab-gadget thingy ma bob.
I am wearing a pair of sweat-capri's that Odell bought me a year ago and I've never been able to wear. They are pretty cute according to my 7 year old. I'd send you a pic, but I'm too lazy!!
I decided to do my abwork in the community gym today, so this am, I did lunges first, then squats and came to a realization. I'm not the wimp I thought I was! Isn't that good news!? I've been thinking, "Surely I can handle more weight than 18 lbs!" Then it occurred to me...duh...I have 18 lb dumbbells in EACH hand! 36 lbs!!! That's much better, especially since it's gotten too easy and I will have to UP the weight. I also did calves, but they never feel worked out, so as I did last week, I just did angled calf raises on a step until they became like jello. I will do abwork this afternoon on the inclined bench and knee-up bar. Sounds painful enough to do the trick! If it happens that I can't make it over there, I will do crunches and leg-ups or else Odell's ab-gadget thingy ma bob.
I am wearing a pair of sweat-capri's that Odell bought me a year ago and I've never been able to wear. They are pretty cute according to my 7 year old. I'd send you a pic, but I'm too lazy!!
Comments
way to go on the pants.. doesnt that just feel great.. ! I am so proud of you! thanks for the inspiration!
(is mindy working out with you? are they on the program?)
good luck on abs.. I did 125 incline situps and then 75 side twists.. gona be sore.. but thats good huh?
blessings
r
M&M are not doing the program exactly, but are doing a modified version. She borrowed my cookbook and is beginning to get back into working out daily. They have talked about doing BFL again. That would be fun.