no bears today!

I posted a scary looking bear because it made my story more exciting...these bears are really not aggressive and after giving it some thought, I decided that if there was a bear, it would hear my thudding footsteps and leave me alone. They don't like confrontation and go the other way if they know a human is about. So, I didn't get out the door until 9-ish this morning. Brae had a field trip and the teacher told me to have him at school at 8:30 which I did, but the bus was already loaded and about to leave! (Mark is the driver...hahahahahaha! That struck me as very funny. I guess remembering all those ACU days makes it seem funny. Is there anything that guy doesn't do?) anyway, back to this morning. By the time I got back home, it was almost 9. I was going to go to the treadmill because it was a cold morning with ice on the ground and I'm a wimp, but by this time, it was warmed up some, so I ran outside. I was tentative to run outside very early anyway. I do have some bells to wear so that I don't accidentally sneak up on a bear, but I figured that my steps on the road would do the trick. Anyway, no bear today. I ran more today, and still I am slow. The hills are getting easier, though. I took my camera-phone with me. I'll try to figure out how to download those pics later today. (it's a new gadget)

Yay for Ruth and her 100th day of not missing a workout!!

Comments

Ruthie said…
HEY.. thanks! and way to go on the run! you must remember.. the hills are so much harded that running on the flats like I do.. Great job!

please tell me you were off the road before Mark started to drive! I would be more worried about Mark driving a bus than the bear! (hehe)

cant wait to see pics..

PS>. just talked to A on the phone.. she is on day 15 with no missed workouts.. hopes to find time to post today! (yall are doing so great!)
blessings
Mom2t said…
OK Josha, I have a suggestion on your bear problem...find someone to run with...You know what they say, 'You don't have to out-run the bear, just the other person you are with." (tee, hee!) Happy running.....

So proud of you. How many days is this for you? I am on day two of my third week. You and Ruthie are keeping me going amist all these sick family members!

Love you - and THANKS!!
Josha said…
My neighbor offered to "walk" with me, and I think I can take her.

Day...24? 4th week! I can't believe you have kept things going even with the sickies! I just hope you don't get sick! If you do, you may have an excused absence from me.
Ruthie said…
Praying for us all to stay well.. AND away from big bears!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New