Today marks my 3rd attempt at aligning my posture, lifting my legs behind me, tilting my pelvis upward as I lean forward, relaxing, making sure my feet land underneath me, and swinging my arms back rather than forward.
I'm talking about chirunning. And sure enough, my knees are liking this better running form so much more. No pain during or after my somewhat faster runs. Relaxing while remembering everything is the hardest part and I find that my neck and shoulders could use some loosening up! I have to slow to a walk often to re-focus, but I'm liking it. Every now and then, I feel that childlike feeling of running. So great!
I'm having trouble getting around to lifting...I'm not sure why. I'm just so into the running part right now. But, I will continue to plan my lifting sessions and JUST DO IT!
I went to Yoga on Monday, too. I did a headstand!!! I've never been very inclined toward gymnastics, so I surprised myself, lifting myself up from my core and stretching my heels way up toward the ceiling. That's another part of chirunning...using your core to move you forward rather than reaching with your legs. whew...so much to think about. It will become more natural and I'm looking forward to that.
Comments
I LOVED lifting weights today... get back into with me!
what days do you lift? please share you schedule with me so we can be on the same day :) that makes it more fun!
I am having issues with weights too... I am so immersed in the running as well. We need balance though...
did you workout?
was it fun?
how did it feel?
did you eat anything fun and interesting today?
is there chiweightlifting?
just being silly... missin ya :)
-r