I like the full body, multi-joint workouts, but I've figured out what it is that I miss.  In BFL and with the Maximum Growth lifting, you isolate muscles and reach for a "10" in every workout.  With this new (to me) method, it's harder to feel a "10" because muscles aren't isolated.  Now, not isolating a muscle, but working more muscles per exercise is a good thing in my opinion, but I do miss that feeling of reaching a TEN.  There are exercises in this program (The New Rules...) in which I do get that "I can't do one more" feeling of 10.  Like push ups which I can't do as many of as I did not long ago what's up with that?  But like with squats (one of my favorite exercises), so many of such large muscles are in use, that it's really hard to feel that feeling, but I know that I worked hard none-the-less.  Anyway, I did my lifting today!  Totally forgot to go to Yoga.  But I feel my core from my run yesterday which means that I was successful in my forward "lean" and posture (chirunning).
Now that I recognize what it is that has been missing from my workouts, I can better enjoy myself in my lifting routine.  Yay!  I already feel sore.

Comments

Ruthie said…
i can comment... oh.. i can but its invisible !... you are testing me to see if i can comment despite the odds huh! glad i had joel use his xray vision to find the comment button for me (hehe..he is superman you know)

great job on the run! love your new background.. fun!!!!

i am lifting today... happy cause i LOVE upper body!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New