ponderings...
I've been pondering what to do about lifting and losing the few pounds I gained while training for the Half I ran in October. And I want to run another Half in July which means more long runs and possibly more weight gain. When I trained before, I lifted on my cross training days for the first half of the training time, but I stopped lifting toward the end because I was zonked from all the running. Building muscles through running means building those slow-twitch muscles and sort of ignoring the fast-twitch muscles. This training time, I plan to keep the lifting and include more core work and more sprints within runs. I'll have to be sure to eat enough carbs for the running and enough protein for the muscles. And I'll have to be sure to listen to my body and not over train, which was one thing I was worried about before. So, I lifted yesterday...yay! And today looks lovely for a run day!
Comments
love me some weights :)