sickness
I'm not sick, but when your kids are sick, nobody's well. I finally did get to run yesterday. I want to run intervals the first half of a run and then run for distance the second half. Mainly because intervals are an effective weight loss method of training, plus they help with speed and form. I'm sort of "beginning" again. I kind of plateaued a long time ago with the loss of my muffin-top. Training for the half marathon made me HUNGRY and worked on the slow twitch muscles rather than the fast twitch which are better for burning fat. So, my weight has climbed a little and I've made no progress in the midsection. But, I RAN A HALF MARATHON! And had fun. I love the distance running, which I never thought I would. I don't want to give it up, but I do want to build muscle at the same time, which is a dilemma. Anyway, I KIND OF did interval work yesterday. I walked in between running for the first half of my 3 miles. Today is workout number 3 from "The New Rules..." book. Looking forward to my jeans fitting better, my muffin getting smaller, and my arms looking more "cut." Just a few things.
(Sara, you wanna borrow my book? I think you can do most things at home with the weights I'm glad for you to borrow. We can also go to the gym for some of the things...squats, bench press. Nobody's in there these days. Don't forget jumprope...do you need to use my black one? I think yours broke?)
Comments
I am actually feeling like I might be losing weight... but I am SOOOOOOOOO hungry. That running will do it to you!