Alas, I did not lift yesterday.  I have trouble fitting in yoga and lifting.  The yoga is power yoga and very muscle-intense, so it's hard to decide whether to lift or rest.  Yesterday was yoga, so I didn't lift.  Today, I had only 20 minutes to run, but it was fun!  The sun was shining and I felt more comfortable with the new running form.  So far, my knees are liking the chirunning style.  I always feel knee pain, but not lately!  I'm really happy about that.  Part of the focus is on relaxation of legs and arms and working from your core.  So, yoga really helps with that.  

Now for the more interesting section of this post...

I read about Jonathon Brunot, a 19 year-old with severe autism.  He speaks only about 10 words.  He trained with "Rolling Thunder" which is a special needs running program and ran the New York City Marathon in 4:49.  At the finish line, he clapped and waved to his family for the first time ever.  Afterward, he received his medal and looked at his coach and said, "Malathon."

There was even an article in the NY Times about him.  Wow!  I would have loved to have been there to cheer!


Comments

Ruthie said…
oh loved your post! how inspiring about janathon... I am going to look him up :)
we just got home from our 5k.. will post afterwhile about it :) it was great fun!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New