I went for a short run this morning, working on form and enjoyment. My road that I love to run on is being worked on, so I ran as far as I could before the road grater mess and then retraced my steps and wound around through town. I made this discovery: Trying something new is good, but having an old favorite is good too. I'll be back on my old favorite soon.
More Than One Way
Knowing that the initial weight loss starts out with loss of water weight, I set a goal for the first week, to lose 5 pounds. I lost 6.6 pounds. Yay! Weight isn't everything, but this week, I have gained a pound, which is discouraging for sure. So- I measured instead, and I've lost an inch in my waist. Plus, I wore my belt a notch smaller this week. There is more than one way to measure success! A goal for this second week has been to eat more of the good, healthy fats. I think that my downfall is a repeated one from the past. I don't eat enough to support my activity. My adrenals kick in and I lose ground. I haven't accomplished my dietary goal, so I will re-focus!
Comments