I have the attention span of a toddler when I run. Maybe that's why I don't get bored. I go from one thought to another, like this:
checking in with my posture and foot strike. wow that's pretty. so is that. I can't believe no one else is out today, oh, HI (to a biker that surprised me), oh yeah, my posture..I don't remember seeing that before, I wonder if we should change some things in homeschool, oh! I want to re-do Kaegan's playroom, I should look at paint colors...posture, and while I'm at it, breathe deeply....I felt poetic at moments, too, but those thoughts never made it home. Maybe I'll remember them another day, another run.
I know that some people solve problems while they run and some people mull over things that upset them. I think my brain just sort of enjoys not having to concentrate on any one thing. How about you? What goes on while you move one foot in front of the other?
Yesterday, I could not wait to get out and run! I wanted to go for an hour; I figured that would be 5-ish miles. I took off and came home an hour and twenty minutes later with another 10k behind me. I ran UP to the mine and took a detour along a mountain trail that is nearly melted off. The climb to the mine from my home is about 900 feet, by the way. I had to walk a couple of times at the tops of a couple of hills. It's a beautiful and amazing run, but really hard. Worth it for the trek down!
checking in with my posture and foot strike. wow that's pretty. so is that. I can't believe no one else is out today, oh, HI (to a biker that surprised me), oh yeah, my posture..I don't remember seeing that before, I wonder if we should change some things in homeschool, oh! I want to re-do Kaegan's playroom, I should look at paint colors...posture, and while I'm at it, breathe deeply....I felt poetic at moments, too, but those thoughts never made it home. Maybe I'll remember them another day, another run.
I know that some people solve problems while they run and some people mull over things that upset them. I think my brain just sort of enjoys not having to concentrate on any one thing. How about you? What goes on while you move one foot in front of the other?
Yesterday, I could not wait to get out and run! I wanted to go for an hour; I figured that would be 5-ish miles. I took off and came home an hour and twenty minutes later with another 10k behind me. I ran UP to the mine and took a detour along a mountain trail that is nearly melted off. The climb to the mine from my home is about 900 feet, by the way. I had to walk a couple of times at the tops of a couple of hills. It's a beautiful and amazing run, but really hard. Worth it for the trek down!
Comments
awesome job on the mountain 10k :) thats awsome!
you rock :)
when I do other cardio (stationary bike) I mull life and try to solve its challenges---not so much with running!