procrastination deluxe plus Phriday's Phorgotten Photo


I did a fine job of procrastinating my run this weekend!  Hold the applause, please.  (blushing)
I had already done my long run for the week on Thursday...4 miles this week.  Then, on Thursday night I went to a new Yoga class and really loved it.  On Friday, I was sore from Yoga and didn't do my lifting.  Saturday, Yoga again.  Sunday...lazy...finally ran my speedwork at nearly 10pm.  I ran fartleks on the treadmill.  speed intervals, not at an all-out sprint, but sustainable for a longer distance...I sped up and ran for 1 min intervals.  It was a lot of good work.
As for reading material...I maintain that John Bingham's "No Need For Speed" is my favorite running book so far.  I've also read his "Marathoning for Mortals" and "Running for Mortals."  And I've read parts of (dry reading) "Running for Women."  I forget the author.  But lately, I've been into 2 magazines.  I subscribed to and adore "Runner's World."  The Feb issue has an article about this organization which was excellent, and I learned how to tie my shoes a new way in the January issue.  Also, the Feb issue has an article about snowshoe racing which I fully intend to check into further!  The other magazine I've discovered but haven't subscribed to *yet* is "Women's Adventure."  I got nordic skis for my birthday, so I'm all about figuring that all out!  So, there you have it.  I love a hot soak in the tub with my magazine!

Comments

Ruthie said…
just checkin in with you.. to see what your did today...
love your photo :)

i lost another pound ! did you see... just 11 more to go! .. slow but steady wins the race LOL

thanks for the book list
i am going to the library tomorrow :)
needing some running reading :)

hugs
r