response to Ruth's great post

First of all...the progress in one week is dramatic! Secondly, WOW! What a "bodacious babe!" (80's music plays in the background..."Oh, Ruthie, you're so fine...You're so fine, you blow my mind!")

Response to the secrets revealed...
  • I think you are right on target about the mindset! Being negative about anything, even if it is a dissatisfaction with what you have as a way to try to force yourself forward, still is only negative. Creating for yourself (you're the only one who can do it...) a positive mindset that thrusts you forward is the more effective way to go! Think of standing with your back against a wall, wanting to move toward something 5 feet in front of you. What gets you there more easily and quickly???pushing against the wall or moving forward out of your own motivation to get there? As far as the compensation with regard to carbs...also exactly right! It's so easy to eat those few chips as extras, not compensating for them within the meal or snack. I began this way and have drifted...the chips are only a few extra.....thanks for the reminder!
  • Great idea about placing images before you! I'll have to put some thought into that.
  • Hitting 10's is where it's at! You can work out daily for lengthy amounts of time and not make the progress you will see if you shorten and intensify your work so that you hit that 10!
  • We are so good at making excuses! The fact is, we can all change if we decide to. It took me 10 years to decide to, but (yay) I decided!
  • I love the BFL way of eating! It took me 2 challenges to actually realise that I love it instead of it just being the way I ate temporarily. Now, challenge 4, I want to eat this way. I love the free day idea, and I don't feel cheated or like I'm sacrificing. It's my choice.
  • Jumprope has been that joyful exercise for me, and looking forward to how I know I feel after running sprints (another favorite cardio). I want to get more proficient on the bike, I guess that means I need to get on it, huh?
  • Kids are just fun...exercising wtih them is just....fun.
  • CLA has definitely made a difference for me too! I started out taking it because I read about how it boosts thyroid function (mine is..sluggish) and have found that it gives me more energy, and I see more progress. I also take flax oil capsules. At any rate, the essential oils are good for you.

Today is 3 B's for me and I will post about that later! Looking forward to a 10!

Comments

Ruthie said…
loved reading your response.. this is fun! .. I can really tell the CLA has helped on my energy level I think because it also balances blood sugar ..
I was wondering .. do you just jump with two feet up and down or do you jump like a boxer alternating? when I grow up I want to be able to jump like a boxer :)
have to get one of those fancy ropes first huh?

opps.. forgot abs again.. better go do those while the laundry is going :)

PnP :)
R
Unknown said…
Loved the post! You're great!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New