Daily Christmas Journal

I loved my Body For Life Journal so much that I decided to make a Christmas Challenge Journal. Here is what I liked about the first one that I am incorporating into the second one:

I liked crossing off the days, so I am putting a calendar on the inside front cover of a spiral notebook to cross off the days--one half of an "x" is for successfully eating on track, one half of an "x" is for getting my workout in. A line across is for checking in with my on-line pals...you.

I liked that I planned ahead what I would eat and then kept track of what I actually did eat, so I am including a column called "Planned Activity" where I record my planned meals and planned workout. Then I have a column called, "Status" where I record what I actually ate and did in my workout.

I also have a column along the left margin to record the times so that I can keep up with meal timing.

Here is what I am changing about my BFL-style for this challenge: I am including abs on cardio day and cardio is HIIT style. I am rearranging weight days to include chest, shoulders, triceps on one weight day and back, biceps, and legs on the other weight day. Upper body day just took tooooooo long for me, and could never become a real life-style change. Legs are either lunges, frog-jumps, squats, or leg presses with a separate burnout exercise, but I won't be doing lunges with a burnout and squats with a burnout all in one workout. I don't know if that makes sense, ...in other words, I will not be completely wasting my legs on leg day! I will fatigue the muscles, but not overtrain as I think I have been.

I will stick with the BFL 12, 10, 8, 6, 12, 12, I think...It seems a little repetitive...

So, I will be doing BFL, but with an absolution twist that makes it work better for me.

I will try to upload some pics at some point, Ruth! I hear ya, I just haven't gotten it done yet! :)

Comments

Mom2t said…
Some REALLY great ideas......looking forward to this Xmas challenge with you...Day one...done!!
Anonymous said…
ok.. your organization and determination to complete the xmas challenge is catching! After reading your post I am more determined to get my workout done esp with Angell comment "day one done" ..
I love your goals and journaling idea.. thanks!
Anonymous said…
I like this, Josha. Thanks for posting your great ideas for upper body. I, too, feel like the BFL upper body is unreasonably long for me. This might make it more attainable for me.

Congratulations on a successful first Challenge! I'm really proud of what you've done!

Christy

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New