Bucket List
Ruth posted a "Bucket List" of fitness-related things she'd like to do in her lifetime. I loved reading hers, so I decided to put some thought into mine. It hasn't been easy for me, though, because I'm really struggling with this low thyroid thing and have been somewhat discouraged. Luckily, I was able to dig deep and realize some dreams. Here they are.
My Bucket List:
- Climb the 5 fourteeners surrounding our town (peaks over 14,000 ft)
- Learn to snowboard
- Run faster (I have a number in mind, maybe I'll disclose it when I reach it)
- Run a marathon
- run the 50 miler here in my little town, maybe in a few years
- sweep the 50 miler this summer
- investigate every trail in my vicinity and write about it
- go on a running vacation like this
- plan my own running vacation, beginning in one town and running to the next for overnight, then run the next day to another little town for overnight...and take friends with me
- organize a fundraiser race to raise money to buy a hyper-baric chamber for my son. I hesitated to put this one on the list, even though it really belongs at the top. It seems selfish to want to raise money for my own wants instead of for a big research group or something, but if you watch the video, you'll see why it breaks my heart that we can't provide this treatment for Kaegan. A chamber costs around $20,000.
Along the lines of dreams, here are some races I dream of running some day:
- Imogene Pass Run
- MountainAir Marathon
- Creede Mountain Run (again, faster)
- Moab Half/Other Half
- San Juan Solstice 50 mile Run (the race I hope to sweep this summer)
Today was a beautiful day for running, but I didn't allow myself. I ran yesterday and the day before. And yesterday was speedwork, so rest was in order. Tomorrow, I lift...chest, shoulders, triceps. My long run will have to wait because my youngest has basketball games out of town tomorrow. And Sunday looks busy with one or a combination of the following: snowshoeing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing. So, it may have to be Monday for the 6 miler I have in mind.
Comments
I wanna do the 50 miler with you!
and
I wanna be a friend and go on vacation and run to the next town with you :) (is it rude to invite myself ??) ..
love it.. just love it!