Today is Thursday

Wow! Being without internet is debilitating! What a spoiled person, I am! I haven't had strong enough internet signal to get sites to fully load or to post anything, and I thought I might not survive until it got resolved. But I did!
Some things that have happened that I wish I'd had a camera for...
I went snowshoeing on Sunday with Sara and Lydia. We took the Alpine Gulch Trail, which is my favorite, favorite any time of year so far. It's the one that Ruth and family took last summer, so I immediately scolded myself for not taking my camera. It was incredible. The snow covered trees bowed to the creator, making a canopy over and around us. The trail goes up and up so I love that the beauty distracts from the pain, ha! We went to the 3rd creek crossing (I can't remember how far that is, but there are 9 creek crossings over all on this over-6-mile trail) and decided that time required that we turn around and get Sara back to Baby Brooks. We turned and retraced our steps about 20 feet (not far) and the trail disappeared in piles of snow. There had been an avalanche right behind us! I knew that I heard a big dump of snow, but assumed it was snow falling off a tree which is a common sound. It was a quiet avalanche instead. It wasn't big, but it would have knocked us all down, for sure. Needed a camera. Then, I kept saying, "Are you guys having trouble with your ankles turning and feeling wobbly?" -a problem I'd been having for quite a while without saying anything. I looked at my heels, and my nikes with the hollow heels had built up so much ice and snow that I was walking on 3 inch snow-stilettos! Camera, please! Too funny! And it took several minutes to get it broken out of there. Ha! No wonder I was struggling!
Also, Sara and I have been doing a great job with our 4 week weight lifting Blitz! We've been doing what part of the workouts we can at home with dumbbells and then going to the community gym together for the parts that require a machine or barbell. Encouraging amounts of soreness have followed. :)
I think I'm going to use a Jeff Galloway training plan to try to improve my speed. It's a 5K plan, but I will keep my long runs as long as I want to. I don't think I have to limit my long runs to the distance on the plan, which plans for the longest run to be 4 miles. It's an 8 week program with speedwork on Thursdays. Today is Thursday. It's snowing, and not very speedy.
Posts for the future: "My Bucket List" and "Bicep Challenge Photo"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New