here's what's happenin'

About five miles, taking it super easy. That's what ended up happening yesterday. Sara and I wanted to go on another snowshoe adventure run yesterday. But she completed her first "back at it after the baby" lower body workout just two days before and did such a superior job that her legs just couldn't manage the whole adventure. Here was the plan that we will have to try again soon: We strapped our snowshoes onto backpacks again and this time headed up Henson Road which is a gradual climb for about a mile and a half where it takes an upward, windy acsension to some cool old mines. We planned to run/walk up almost 3 miles to the Alpine Gulch Trail (Ruth, you took this trail with your family when you were here) which is completely covered in snow, snow, snow. We wanted to climb up part of the trail with our snowshoes, then turn around and come back down to the road and run/walk home. We managed to run/walk up about 2.5 miles and then mostly walk home. It was fun, and I'm loving having my running buddy back! This week, the plan is to work out lower body earlier in the week and then have what it takes to play on the weekend again!! We were FREEZING on the way home, partly because it was a cold day, partly because the road is too shaded, and partly because we weren't running enough to stay warm. Since that route is so shady, though, we might go another direction next time. I'd still like to try that one again soon, though.

Comments

Ruthie said…
sounds like yall are doing GREAT!
I suggest taking a camera with you when you go up that trail... I would LOVE to see it in the snow!!! :) amazing i am sure! cant wait to hear what is next!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New