quotes for Ruth's Marathon
Dear Ruthie,
My thoughts are with you as you run 26.2 miles. I wish I could run the last 13.1 with you and cheer for you in person. As it is, you will run, you will finish, and I will anticipate your blogpost about your experience. Until then, here are some quotes for my quotatious friend.
"We are different, in essence, than other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon." -Emil Zatopek
"Pressure is nothing more than the shadow of great opportunity." -Michael Johnson
"I always loved running...it was something you could do by yourself, and under your own power. You could go in any direction, fast or slow as you wanted, fighting the wind if you felt like it, seeking out new sights just on the strength of your feet and the courage of your lungs."
Jesse Owens"Most people run a race to see who is fastest. I run a race to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine
"Tough times don't last but tough people do."
A.C. Green
A.C. Green
And my favorite of favorites:
"The woods are lovely dark and deep, but I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep, and miles to go before I sleep."
Robert Frost
Robert Frost
Comments