presence


Up and out the door at 7:30 this morning...early, early for me!  I have to spend the day on errands, though, and really wanted a run in!  When there's a will...   I wouldn't have gotten up and ready for many things, but a run?  Yep.
My pace was about 11'21.  That's fast for this old lady.  I only went a couple miles and the faster pace felt easy and good.  The long runs are paying off.  That's what I want to see...improvement.  I don't care about the pace except that it improves.  I think so.  :)
Life is messy at my house.  We are preparing for a yard sale to raise money for my son's "son-rise program."  I have belongings scattered and piled everywhere!  My kids' rooms are looking better, though!  
I plan to go to yoga this afternoon.  Running, my son's program, and yoga...what do they have in common?  Presence of mind.  I'm not only getting physical exercise, but mental as well.  To maintain a pace and to overcome the part of my brain that screams at me to stop running, takes presence of mind.  To be with my son in a way that catches opportunities and appreciates what IS rather than worrying over what ISN'T takes presence of mind.  To hold a pose in yoga or to maintain deep breathing requires presence of mind.  
Be present.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New