biker chick


Sara called me a biker chick in my comments.  I'm so NOT.  Braeden and I went bike riding today.  Now, this may sound silly, but I've never lived in a place where gears were necessary.  We bought a mountain bike with the hopes of moving to the mountains one day, but now that I live in the mountains, I don't know how to use the gears!!!  I just don't get it.  There are 3 gears on the left handle bar and 7 on the right...so, now what??
Anyway, I rode up and down my driveway (no easy feat, but fun) and then we rode along the river as far as my nine year-old's legs could carry him (not too far) and then all around town and back up the hill home and up the hill of our driveway.  It was fun!  I would push ahead and then circle back to him as a rest.  We also took a break at the library (Magic Treehouse, you know).
So, the left handle bar is on 3 and the right handle bar is on 2.  What does that mean?  My best guess is that I'm on gear 32.  hahahaha
Also, Sara and I have yet to finalize our challenge plans, but I'm way over on my gallon a day of water!

Comments

Ruthie said…
great job on your bike ride! I just bought a new tube tonight for mine.. sweet joel is going to fix it for me! so biking is in my near future! YIPPEE!
as far as the gears. i will get back to you.. i knew when i was riding last summer but have forgotten now ::)

cool picture! is that you and sara?
sauchagirl said…
I'm right there with you. I have no idea! I bought a mountain bike from craigs list last year and haven't used it yet. I can't wait for the day when the 5 of us can take a bike ride together. Fun, fun!
Josha said…
oooooooo...we have to start brainstorming where we will meet!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New