some goal talk and an *UPDATE*
Sauchagirl asked about goals. Now that I have finished this 8 weeks of bliss, with only the strength test remaining (Wednesday..I had it wrong), I think it is a good time for more goal setting.
I have reached a lot of my goals (yay!) and have set new ones along the way and reached a lot of those too. Here are some lingering and new goals...
- I haven't really aspired to distance run, being extremely happy with my sprints and jumprope, but this "round," I'd like to run a 5K. Thought I might run/walk one today, but I'm really sore from yesterday's workout....
- I have my bike ready and would like to ride it to Capital City and back, (tough-but not the toughest slightly uphill ride...about 12 miles or so one way).
- I want to see my abs...so I'm shooting for 15-17% body fat. Lingering goal...it stays at 19%.
- Another lingering goal...lose a couple more inches in my waist. I still have that squish around the middle.
- Organize a "jumprope for heart" for my kids and their friends.
I hope I can always round up new sets of goals and never, ever just maintain. I love this moving- toward- good- things business.
Ruth asked for my transformation video again. Here it is. My Transformation. For anyone reading who doesn't know the story, my transformation from fit to fat began with my middle child's autism diagnosis...I began focusing everything I had on helping him and not neglecting my other 2 children. I skipped meals, slept very little, grabbed a poptart when I finally realized I was hungry....gained a lot of weight and lost stamina... Finally, I realized that my life was not what it could be if I were healthy-- when my family went hiking and fishing together and I couldn't do it. We got to this set of 90 steps (I counted them) and I wanted to cry. This is where my new journey from fat to fit began. On my one year BFL anniversary, I went back to those same steps and, well, you can watch the video...
And, by the way, my son continues to progress and I'm better able to focus on goals for him too!
***Update***
I just came inside from a great 3K along the trails near the river. I guess those sprints have helped with endurance, and Ruth was right...I had been trying to run too fast. I slowed it down to a nice comfy pace and ran most of it. It wasn't drudgery like it once was, but was fun and felt good! :) The times that I slowed down for a walk were when I had to climb over or under fallen trees or trudge through a snow pile or just because I wanted to listen to the river for a minute. Yay!
Comments
so inspirational! thanks!
way to go! run josha run! :)
You are such an inspiration. You have no idea. I totally can relate to you and to Ruthie having three kids. How being a mom is a struggle to remember yourself when you are busy putting everyone else first. You are so strong and I really admire all the heart and soul you've put into your journey. I'm so glad I found your blog and so glad you keep on sharing and teaching.
Thank you!
resting those legs today.
keep on truckin