to all you patient people out there...
We still haven't done our strength test!!! Here is my excuse:
When my family moved here 2 1/2 years ago, we anticipated lots of outdoor fun. I soon discovered that I was too out of shape to really enjoy those things. Sledding was fun, but way too much work...up the hill, huff/puff! And skiing, I felt so big and awkward. I'd cross country skiied long ago one time and loved it. I'd looked forward to that after moving here, but couldn't even bring myself to try it after realizing my state of fitness.
I said all that to say that I have no regrets about not getting our testing done these past few days...we have been out doing all the things I moved here to do and loving every bit of it! It has been so fun to feel alive again! Last winter was still my old, bigger self. I'd just begun this fitness roll I'm on and still big and...tired. This winter...different story! I started BFL after trying to go fishing with my family and crossing some long, steep steps to get to the river. I thought I would pass out. Some of you know that I ran those same steps this past September! I began all of this with the intent to enjoy life with my family. So this weekend, I've been realizing that dream and it is with great honor and pride that I have put off my strength test until tomorrow!
So, tomorrow begins the 8 week follow-up to the Blitz (I'll just be calling it the Blitz still, though). And it begins with a strength test, so ... tomorrow it is!
Comments
Hugs
How's hat wearing going these days, btw? ;)
i am heading out to the garage right NOW
just checkin in