we are amazing
Just have to say that we are amazing! We had 8 sets of squats. The last one of 8 reps, we did 161 pounds which is 1 pound more than our strength test at the beginning of this blitz. We have gotten stronger! Yipppeeeeee!
It snowed all day today and was beautiful. I hope it snows tomorrow too and is warm like today so I can run in it. That is such a fun kind of run! Sunny but snowy...mmmm.
I may not get to run tomorrow though because we are going to the ski hill in the afternoon. They are opening it just for Kaegan so that he can learn without a crowd around. This is a great place to live and breathe.
Comments
the ski hill thing sounds fantastic! .. cant wait to hear about it!
thought of your snowy weather all during my "cold" run today.. the cold air feels GREAT on the old lungs doesnt it! ..
love you new look! is so exciting.. everyone has a new look!
happy tomorrow!
That's really awesome to get your son up and skiing and they will do that for you. How old is he?
I can't believe how strong you are! That's amazing and the fact that you are stronger than just a few short weeks ago. Great!
Thanks! I'm so confused! :)
A set means a number of repetitions done one right after the other without a rest between. There isn't a magic number, but these sets were sets of 8 repetitions and 6 repetitions. I did 6 sets that looked like this: 2 sets of 8 repetitions (reps), 3 sets of 6 reps, and one more set of 8. The goal is to give your muscles more reps with lower weight and end with a set that goes to fatigue. So you are working your entire muscle. Some muscle tissue responds to more reps with lower weight (to fatigue) and some muscle tissue responds to higher weight at fewer reps. What you are doing in your method of exercise is one looooong set to fatigue. Mostly, exercise is about fatigue. You are doing great! I loved your video at the park!
Thanks so much for clearing it up!