square one...
I mentioned that I felt like I'd landed back on square one again and that I had some thoughts to share on the subject...I know how I ended up back on square one...Things happened to get in the way. They were all good things, and as we all know, things DO happen. My main goal way back when I started working toward a fit version of myself again was to keep moving toward my goals even when there are setbacks. I've been true to myself and to that goal, and I'm actually happy to be back on square one. I had a great freedom half-marathon in July, and I remember on one energized run right around that time thinking, "I'll keep running long, and a short run will be 5-6 miles all summer!" Then, I got sick. Then, we went on vacation. Then, then, then. And now...I've had the great opportunity to keep my goal of sticking with it no matter what. To keep my promises to myself.
My long run has become the length I thought my short run would be as I ran 5 miles last long-run-day and I plan 6 for the next. I'm proud of myself as I think of how easy it is to give up and how I've chosen to keep going. I stand at square one with intention. Intention of moving forward.
I am also happy to report that I can finally do a full military-style push up again! In fact, I can do 3 suddenly! woo-hoooooo! I will not give up! I may not reach the time goal of 100 push ups by Christmas, but I will reach it at some point!
Also, my goal of eating mostly raw is going very well. I joined Ruthie in an attempt to eat MOSTLY raw, and have been keeping my end of the bargain....I find myself feeling full with less food, but hungrier more often. My favorite snack right now is a tomato chopped up with an avocado with a little seasoned salt. mmmmmmmmmm
Because I want to be just like Ruthie, I am hoping for a Vita-Mix for Christmas! Please tell Santa.
Comments
SOOOO EXCITED about your pushups! NICE! I will do mine today!