gaining back what I've lost while losing what I've gained
It's time, Folks. Time to stop wallowing. A while back, I reveled in feeling super fit and good about myself. I was back in the 120's for the first time in YEARS and muscle was making a debut in my arms and shoulders. Then it happened..unfair. My prescription for my hormone replacement meds got messed up. I went without it for 2 weeks. In that 2 weeks, I gained an instant 10 pounds without even having the grand joy of pigging out and lounging around. Getting back on my meds isn't enough. It takes time to get it back into my system and balanced...so 5 more pounds found their way onto my once fairly lean frame.
Well, fifteen pounds hurt my psyche and I've been wallowing in how unfair...very unfair. And I'm done. Done wallowing. It's time to gain back mileage that I've lost through lack of energy (Get thee behind me, unbalanced hormones!) and lose the weight I've gained.
I've been inconsistent with my running. I've been exhausted and had lovely headaches. But I think I can wrap my head around this again.
I took off at not-so-high speed for a 2.something or other mile run today, with some walking (some days are better than others) and some nice speed intervals. I'm having some back trouble too...blah...but trying to do some stretching and work through it. I can't say I really felt good on my little run, but I feel good ABOUT it. :)
Take THAT, Hypothyroidism!
I wrote the above and published it to my blog before I read Ruth's post. Upon reading it, I decided to write my goals too. Then, I realized I have the same goals and can't word those goals any better, so like the original blogger that I am, I copied Ruth's goals and am pasting them here! I'm calling them:
My Ruthie Goals
1. Make eating healthy a major priority. I am trying hard to figure out what that means for me. I will focus on lots of raw veggies and smoothies.
2. Focus on the LOVE of running. Not how fast, or slow but the joy of getting outside an being alone.
3. Make hydration a priority too! Its simple ... so simple... I just have to make myself do it.
4. Get back in the habit of posting here.
Timed goals:
By this time next month I want to write that I havent missed a run.
By Nov 2nd i want to be able to do 50 pushups without stopping.
For Christmas I want to be able to do 100 pushups without stopping.
By Thanksgiving I want to be in my size 4s and they be loose again
Well, fifteen pounds hurt my psyche and I've been wallowing in how unfair...very unfair. And I'm done. Done wallowing. It's time to gain back mileage that I've lost through lack of energy (Get thee behind me, unbalanced hormones!) and lose the weight I've gained.
I've been inconsistent with my running. I've been exhausted and had lovely headaches. But I think I can wrap my head around this again.
I took off at not-so-high speed for a 2.something or other mile run today, with some walking (some days are better than others) and some nice speed intervals. I'm having some back trouble too...blah...but trying to do some stretching and work through it. I can't say I really felt good on my little run, but I feel good ABOUT it. :)
Take THAT, Hypothyroidism!
I wrote the above and published it to my blog before I read Ruth's post. Upon reading it, I decided to write my goals too. Then, I realized I have the same goals and can't word those goals any better, so like the original blogger that I am, I copied Ruth's goals and am pasting them here! I'm calling them:
My Ruthie Goals
1. Make eating healthy a major priority. I am trying hard to figure out what that means for me. I will focus on lots of raw veggies and smoothies.
2. Focus on the LOVE of running. Not how fast, or slow but the joy of getting outside an being alone.
3. Make hydration a priority too! Its simple ... so simple... I just have to make myself do it.
4. Get back in the habit of posting here.
Timed goals:
By this time next month I want to write that I havent missed a run.
By Nov 2nd i want to be able to do 50 pushups without stopping.
For Christmas I want to be able to do 100 pushups without stopping.
By Thanksgiving I want to be in my size 4s and they be loose again
Comments
Here we go!