So Many Thoughts...I feel like I need a table of contents..

Table of Contents:
1. Making Gains
2. My Expanded Week Theory
3. Fall Running/soaking it in
4. Standing on Square One
5. Re-evaluating Square One
6. Push-ups...Only 99 To Go!
7. Food

I'm making gains!   I managed 3 runs last week, each 3 miles.  They were hard.  I walked some, but mostly went at a painful, slow running pace for this thyroid challenged gal.  I met up with this guy after a long time no see....remember him?  At first, he taunted me...which served me right after I'd snubbed him this summer for longer runs.  Now, I'm humbled and crawling (nearly literally) to him asking forgiveness. Then, yesterday, I kicked butt on some hills out by the lake.  What a great exhaustion!

I have this Expanded Week Theory.  You are welcome to give it a try.  I'm not going to plan runs within a 7 day period, but rather within a 10 day period.  So, my running week just expanded to 10 days, and there is nothing you can do about it.

Fall Running  is something to be absorbed.  In fact, I felt like my skin must surely be golden hues of fall when I got home from a couple of my runs this expanded week.  But when I looked in the mirror, I was just me.  I was disappointed, but undaunted.  I went back again to absorb more color and crisp air.  At one point, I was running accompanied by swirling leaves that blew all around me and one stuck in my hair.  I was happy.

Standing on Square One ...that's where I feel like I am.  I probably should order this.  I had really thought that I'd keep running distance this summer and that my short runs would be 5 and 6 miles.  But here I am:
Which leads me to a Re-evaluation of what it means to be on square one.  I'm planning a blog post about that soon, but in a nutshell, it's actually a very hopeful place to stand.  

I've joined Ruthie in the 100 Push-up Challenge again.  The good news is that I only have like 99 push-ups to go!  I'm still on level 1, day 1...I decided to stay put until I can do them correctly.  I know I can because I once worked up to 25 in a row, done correctly.  How did I become such a wimp?  Not for long!

Food has been my nemesis lately.  It normally doesn't control me, but lately....yeah, I want cake and it wants me.  I'm working on it.  




Comments

Ruthie said…
cool! n I was confused but like the new layout! :) ... LOVE this post!

Popular posts from this blog

sloth

8 mile day