quiet, hilly run
I was trying to wear the dog out...I think I wore myself out! I had such a pleasant quiet time on the lake to lake trail the other day that I vowed to myself to run it again. Today was the day. Last time, I drove up to the trailhead because I wasn't sure how long the trail was or how long it would take. It was only about a mile, so I ran it and then ran on the highway back to my jeep for a little over 2 miles. Today, I grabbed the leash and Banjo and I took off from my house. We warmed up with a little walk to the bridge at the edge of town where we began our run, slowly at first. The first half mile is only mildly uphill, but the second half mile is very steep and I determined not to walk until the really steep stuff on the turn-off that leads to the actual trail. Banjo agreed and we ran to the trailhead. Then, we hiked up a bit more on the road that leads to the official trail. STEEP...hiking was good enough. Even Banjo was slow. Then, we ran the trail-about a mile of rolling hills with some steeper stuff...turned around and ran the trail back to the highway and back home. Four miles. But they were tough miles until the last mile home.
Highlights: Looking out over the world, running fast even on hills, the quiet up above the rest of the world, the sound of the waterfall that we could hear but couldn't see.
Comments
I have trail running envy :)