long run day

Seven miles along the lake, across a trail, over the hills, home...
It was a beautiful run, but I should have eaten more for breakfast! I needed some wheaties. And my hip bothered me. Imma be sore.
So glad I went, though.
A recurring thought: how in the world could I ever run a marathon? or an ultra? 7 miles was tough today. But then, some days are tougher than others and this run involved low energy, hip pain, and a headache which began about mid-run and persists.
Favorite part of the run: the trail that took me waaay up above the world. :)
Least fav: the headache...normally I feel better after a run. Hope I'm not getting sick....

Comments

JRo said…
I got headaches during long runs too, until I started drinking watered down Gatorade (I hate that stuff, but it works) and a shot block every hour.

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New