Turkey Trot Details and Sunday Run
I didn't take time to post details about the Turkey Trot when I posted the pictures, so here's the scoop. It was just under 20 degrees outside, but the sun was shining. So before you get too impressed that I run in that kind of temp, understand that I'm at nearly 9000 ft above sea level with a very intense sun. It's amazing the difference. When I lived in Texas, I was cold at 50 degrees. The run was 2 miles through the town and around. We ended up back where we started, at the museum, for refreshments which completely nullified the few calories burned in the trot...hahaha! Now, you may wonder why we wore jingle bells??? The only thing I could figure was that the run was to raise funds for "Toys For Tots," for Christmas. It was fun.
Then we went to some friends house to eat yummy thanksgiving food and go in search of the perfect Christmas tree. We found it! Yesterday, I did a little Christmas shopping, and today, I'm decorating...it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! I got out in the sunshine for 3 miles today. Weatherman predicted snow, so naturally, it's sunny and gorgeous. Around 30 degrees. Here are a few song suggestions from today's run...
"Float On" by Modest Mouse
"Paradise" by the Bodeans
"Ain't Gonna Stand for It" by Eric Clapton
Then we went to some friends house to eat yummy thanksgiving food and go in search of the perfect Christmas tree. We found it! Yesterday, I did a little Christmas shopping, and today, I'm decorating...it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas! I got out in the sunshine for 3 miles today. Weatherman predicted snow, so naturally, it's sunny and gorgeous. Around 30 degrees. Here are a few song suggestions from today's run...
"Float On" by Modest Mouse
"Paradise" by the Bodeans
"Ain't Gonna Stand for It" by Eric Clapton
Comments
they are calling for flurries here on tuesday night! yikes