cold 6

I had a great, cold run today. 6 miles from the lake, home. Went back later to retrieve my jacket that I left in the bushes. Too hot with it, too cold without it. I felt great. I was pushing myself and enjoying the cold air.
So, tell me what is the secret? I simply can't go any faster. Seriously. Everyone talks about their slow pace being a 10 minute mile. My fast pace... unless I do some walking. If I'm walking between stretches, then I'm around 8.5 or 9. But to run the whole thing, I'll feel fast at 10.
I know, I know...I'm not supposed to be worried about it. But it's a downer to feel like a run was good and then look at the time. Every time.
I wasn't planning to post about my time, but there it is.
bicep curls tomorrow.

Comments

Ruthie said…
I average ten... ten is good for long distances.... I dont stop my watch while I stretch or when I walk so I know i am running faster that 10 but 10 is good :)... remember its the fact that you are doing it.
I need to ask coach about you wanting to go faster etc.... I will try and remember Monday and see what he says you should do...
Of course.. you know me.. I am pumped you did 6! I love the distance more than how fast :) and you must remember also you are running on a mountain! You have hills and other craziness you are running on.. I run on nice mostly even grass and concrete :) (which i try hard to avoid)...
glad your doing bis tomorrow.. ME TOOOOO ! I think a bi picture is in order :) we could do afters in a month! :)wanna?

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New