I moved lifting to yesterday, thinking that it was a "rest from running" day. Turns out it was to be intervals. So, I figured I'd do both. I lifted. Then realized that my hubby did something to the extension cord for my treadmill. So, the intervals are today's workout that I'm procrastinating. :) Intervals are hard.
I want to do them on the treadmill because the distance is measured. There is no track around here for running 5x400's. I'm to run 400 meters at a 1-mile pace, 5 times with a 400 meter walk or jog in between each. I don't know what a 1-mile pace is or how far 400 meters might be. Where I live, you go out and move your feet one in front of the other up and down hills, across creeks, over rocky terrain, through snow (lots of snow today)...until you decide to turn around and go home. There is something to be said for the simplicity of it. But it doesn't help me get faster. :) Maybe this will.
More after my date with the treadie.

Comments

Ruthie said…
urgh.. didnt get my run in yesterday or today... cats birthday is today... cake is in the kitchen... not feeling good about it happening tonight either... urgh.

maybe tomorrow will be better. i desprately need to get in the HABIT of it again my friend. get up, workout, get on with the day.

thank you for being on when i am off
Unknown said…
I had fun chatting with you tonight! sorry if I delayed your running even more!

Popular posts from this blog

More Than One Way

Head in the Game

Old and New