hope for the slow

I ran Monday, but not as fast as I'd planned. Soaking in the sun as it peaked through the clouds, you'd think I'd have been happy. It was a beautiful day, but all I could think about was how very LITTLE I'd improved even with lots of trying. I want to increase my speed. And I have, but ever so slightly. The incremental advancement challenges my patience and my practice at happiness.
I ran Monday, but not as fast as I'd planned. I've improved my health, but not as much as I'd planned. I've taught my children, but not as much as I'd planned. I've helped my special needs child, but not as much as I'd planned. Maybe if I replace the word "plan" with "hope..." maybe I'll let go of the expectations that trip me. And I can continue to hope, run, improve, teach, help.
I can do that.
Comments
here is this too..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgHi5vIrVdU
I will be adding this back to my workouts next week :)
its sounds like progress :) not perfection to me... and thats perfect :)
LOVE the photo!!!!! :) more please